Archery is open for 2021.
Come and have a go at the ancient sport of archery. Available during the school holidays and at weekends until and including the autumn half term, have-a-go archery is suitable for both adults and children.
- We recommend that you allow half an hour for this activity.
- Payment is by cash only
- Final entry 1 hour prior to grounds closing, final exit 30 minutes before they close. View our opening times.
- The minimum age is 6 years old
- One way system in place
- Archers only inside the arena
- A hand sanitisation station will be in place for visitors to use on entry to the arena and for the use of staff members also
- All equipment will be sanitised before the next customer with anti-bac spray and wipes
- After arrows have been shot, all arrows will also be sanitised before they are next in use
- Archers must be able to
- listen and understand staff instruction – to be able to put the arrows on their own bowstrings.
- pull back the bowstring whilst holding the bow steady unaided.
- do all this and loose the string in a safe manner.
Please note: archery is subject to availability and is weather dependent.
|Number of arrows||Price|
|5||£4 per person|
|10||£5 per person|
|40||£18 (can be divided by up to four people)|
Shield Painting is cancelled for 2021
Beautiful grounds steeped in history. Came all the way up from Dorset to have a day out here for the second time with my siblings. I highly recommend it to anyone and my favourite highlights is the castle, having a try at archery (where everyone was incredibly friendly and helpful) and getting a rowing boat out for an hr on the lake. There is something for everyone and well worth the money.
Lara Hallums on Facebook
Set in the Garden of England, it is the ultimate place to visit with historical beauty and events going on all year round. It is truly an amazing place and good value for money.
John DeLeigh on Facebook
Hever Castle is definitely a very special place to visit for young and old alike, we visit as a family as well as sometimes with friends at least once a year.
RJSaHongKong on Trip Advisor