For Hever Castle’s daytime Christmas event you can either book tickets online in advance or purchase tickets on the day. Read our top tips for making the most of your day out.
Daytime Christmas at Hever Castle runs from 10:30am to 6:00pm (last entry (4:30pm) on November 23 – December 8 (Wed-Sun) and December 9 – 23 (Daily). On the 24 December, the gates open at 10:30am with last entry at 3:00pm and last exit at 4:30pm.
• Please note attractions, shops and eateries will start closing before the final exit time.
How long it takes and what to wear:
• To enjoy the full experience of Daytime Christmas at Hever Castle we recommend you allow at least four hours for your visit.
• As much of this experience is outdoors we recommend you wrap up warm, pop on your wellies or suitable shoes and bring torches as it starts to get dark around 3:30pm.
• If you would like to have a go on the fairground stalls and carousel, you will need to buy tickets from the Information Centre (£1 a go).
• The Hall of Mirrors is free.
Food and drink:
• There are a variety of food and drink options available at Daytime Christmas at Hever Castle from hot drinks at the kiosks* (*weather dependent) and the Moat Restaurant, Pavilion Cafe/Restaurant. On weekends and select dates other options are also available. See opening times and more details here. Also, just one mile from the Castle is The Waterside Bar, Restaurant & Terrace located at Hever Castle Golf & Wellbeing.
• If you have not purchased tickets for the pre-booked grotto, drop in Father Christmas is available on December 7, 8, 14, 15, 20 – 23 at a cost of £8.50 per child. Visitors can see Father Christmas in his toy workshop and receive an age appropriate gift. Tickets are available on the day from the Information Centre or Courtyard Shop.
The Alice in Wonderland Trail:
• Enjoy the magic of the Alice in Wonderful trail at Daytime Christmas at Hever Castle. You will be able to meet interactive characters such as the White Rabbit, Mad Hatter and the King and Queen of Hearts on the following dates – weekends only 23 Nov – 8 Dec, then daily 11 – 24 Dec.
Castle and grounds:
• Be captivated by the rooms of the Castle which will be traditionally decorated with twinkling lights and welcoming log fires.
• The stunning gardens will be transformed into a festive wonderland with up-lighting and colour washes that you’ll be able to see as soon as the sun goes down.
Visit the huskies:
• On weekends you will be able to meet the huskies. Hever Castle visitors will also have a chance to pose for a picture with a husky (suggested £2 donation towards Siberian Husky Welfare Association) on the Loggia with the backdrop of the Hever Lake.
• Finish your day out at Hever Castle with a visit to the Hever Shop to stock up on Christmas gifts as well as variety of tempting local food and drink. The Courtyard Shop will be open on the following dates – weekends only 24 Nov – 2 Dec (10:30am – 5:30pm) and Daily 8 – 23 Dec (10:30am – 5:30pm). On the 24 Dec the shops close at 4pm.
View a gallery of photos of Christmas at Hever Castle on Hever Castle’s Pinterest.
Sign up to our newsletter to be one of the first to hear about upcoming events.
Always check details before travelling. Hever Castle reserves the right to close all or part of the Castle, grounds, catering outlets and activities, and to change or cancel and events. Please note that the use of partner offers may be restricted or not valid on event days.