Visit Us These School Holidays To Feel Alive In The Summertime
Feel alive in the summertime at Hever Castle and enjoy a day to remember with all of the family.
Get wet in the Water Maze as you attempt to dodge the jets of water and step from stone to stone towards the middle, then climb up the stone tower to enjoy a fantastic view of the Castle. Or take our tip and on a hot summer’s day try and deliberately get as wet as you can! We recommend bringing a towel and change of clothes for the kids.
Why have just one maze when you can have two?! Take on the challenge of the Yew Maze and twist and turn through a quarter mile of passages to reach the centre. Outside the exit don’t miss the Harry Potter themed flowerbed specially planted for Visit England’s Year of Literary Heroes.
On weekends throughout much of the summer holidays witness spectacular medieval Jousting Tournaments. Be awed by the prowess of the knights and agility of the horses, and enjoy the lighthearted entertainment provided by their trusty sidekicks (check the jousting page for dates and timings).
After the enthralling antics of the knights, kids can learn to be a knight or princess at one of the Knights & Princess Schools taking place daily throughout the summer holidays. They will learn how to prepare and protect armour, as well as how to give the perfect curtsey – handy should the kids meet Henry VIII or Anne Boleyn roaming the Castle grounds.
Enjoy the summer vibes on the Lake and go boating at your own pace. We have pedal boats, canoes and rowing boats available to hire (see boating page for prices and times). Then chill out and enjoy a delicious Solley’s ice cream or the tasty refreshments from our range of eateries. You could also bring a picnic and relax on our extensive lawns or kick a ball around with the kids.
These school holidays we invite you to feel alive in the summertime and make the most of the array of activities on offer. Why not continue the holiday vibes all year round with a Hever Castle Annual Membership. Benefits include priority booking for Twilight Christmas events and Father Christmas (that’s right, we’re already thinking about Christmas!).
Benefits of Hever Castle Annual Membership
- Visit just three times to save money
- Two week priority booking window for Father Christmas and Twilight Christmas (in 2016 key dates were sold out or nearly sold out for Father Christmas and Twilight Christmas before they were released for sale to the general public)
- 10% discount in the Hever Shop, Courtyard Shop and Clubhouse Professional Shop
- 10% discount in the Moat Restaurant, Guthrie Pavilion Restaurant, Ice Cream Kiosks and Clubhouse Bar & Restaurant
- Many more benefits – please visit the Annual Membership page for full details, prices and terms and conditions.