Hever Castle Golf CoursE To Re-Open to Members
We are delighted to announce that Hever Castle Golf Club will be open for play to members and their guests from this Friday 15th May 2020.
We are all very keen to get golfing once more and we are in the privileged position of being involved in a social sport that allows naturally for social distancing to be maintained at this important time for the country.
Only together we can ensure the new norm is delivered patiently, positively and safely.
In the government announcement on Sunday 10th May, it was confirmed that golf was allowed to be played at Clubs again from Wednesday (13th) and on late Monday (11th) afternoon Golf England released a statement to advise Clubs of the government guidelines for golf. Since then the required staff have been taken off furlough and the team are working hard to get the facility ready and set up to operate to the guidelines.
Further detailed guidance on how we have set up the facility and how to book can be found here, but below are some important points for you to note:
- Golf booking will be open online to Members and their guests only from Thursday 14th May at 9 am.
- Members should not call the Club Shop until after 9 am on Thursday 14th May, as all resources are being applied to setting up the facility. (Steve Clayton is available for Membership Renewals queries on 01732 701004)
- You are permitted to play with others that are not from your own household (max 3 ball).
- You must socially distance (2 metres) at all times.
- You cannot check in for golf until 30 minutes before your tee time. If you turn up early you should wait in your car to allow the steady flow of golfers to not be interrupted.
- Range use is permitted only for those with tee times, it is not open for general practice (details to follow).
- Buggies will be available for hire from Saturday 16th May, trollies from Friday 15th May.
The Customer Journey
In this video Head Golf Pro, Peter Parks walks you through the changes you can expect to see in place when you now come to the club.
In his latest video Head Greenkeeper, Rob Peers provides an update about how he and his team are working to government guidelines to ensure the courses at Hever Castle Golf Club are ready to re-open to members and their guests on Friday 15th May.
The Captains’ Motto – Be Patient, Be Positive, Be Safe!
During this new normal we ask that all members and their guests follow the Captains’ motto – be patient, be positive, be safe!
Thank you for your Patience
We must keep a regulated flow to the game to keep social distancing and ensure the Club is abiding by the government guidelines. This involves advanced booking and a less laid-back approach before and after golf commences. We thank you for taking the extra steps necessary at this time.
Returning to Club golf is something to be celebrated. We are all working to make the Club a haven away from the towns and cities. Members, Committee and Staff can all share in this positive experience.
Our Club guidelines are designed to bring us together creating a new norm for our Club golf, which aims to keep our fellow Golfers and Club Staff safe from COVID-19.
Discover more about Hever Castle Golf Club and its 27 holes of golf set in set in over 250 acres of truly beautiful Kent Weald countryside near to the towns of Sevenoaks, Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge and East Grinstead.