We’ve officially reached the height of summer, so Head Gardener, Neil Miller, has put together some top tips to help you keep your garden looking beautiful this August.
- Keep deadheading the roses for continued blooms throughout the summer.
- Start to clip any hornbeam or beech hedges you may have.
- Keep an eye on newly planted shrubs and water weekly during the dry weather.
- Keep feeding and watering all your annual bedding plants, especially those in pots and containers.
- Mow your lawn on a slightly higher setting if it is suffering a bit in the dry weather, but do not water or feed it, the grass will come back in all its glory once the rain starts.
- As camellias and rhododendrons are forming their flower buds this month feed and water them well with a good tomato feed, as it will help them flower better next year.
- And Neil’s final tip… don’t forget to find time to sit down and enjoy your garden after all your hard work!