hever castle estate is open
We are delighted to announce that the Hever Castle Estate is now open, including the Gardens, Castle, Shop, Restaurants, Bed and Breakfast and Golf Course.
To visit the gardens you will need to book a date and time slot for arrival online (including Annual Members), this is to limit numbers to protect yourself and each other. You can book your date and arrival time using the button below.
Visitors can upgrade to a Castle ticket at the Castle Entrance. This is because we are limiting numbers in rooms and cannot guarantee Castle entry for everyone. Audio Guides will be available to all Castle visitors, we encourage visitors to bring their own headphones (standard 3.5mm jack required).
Please note face coverings must be worn in the Hever Shop, Moat Restaurant, Guthrie Pavilion and Castle.
What Will be Open?
Toilet facilities will be available but we urge you to go before you leave home.
- Gardens – prebook your ticket
- Castle – upgrade your ticket on the day, face coverings must be worn in the Castle.
- Restaurant, Cafe & Kiosks – face coverings must be worn in the Moat Restaurant and Guthrie Pavilion
- Hever Shop – face coverings must be worn in all shops
- Play Areas – operated on a timed entry basis
- Boating – additional charge, cannot be booked in advance
- Water Maze – operated on a timed entry basis
- B&B and Holiday Cottage – plan a staycation
One mile from the Castle:
- Golf Course – open to members and visitors
- The Waterside Bar, Restaurant & Terrace
- Hever Castle Health & Wellbeing
Please also watch these two videos before you visit the Castle & Gardens. Hever Castle’s Head of Visitor Services, Faye explains the changes that have been made in the grounds and Hever Castle’s Castle Supervisor, Owen explains the new processes in the Castle. Similar videos are available for Stays and Golf. Please follow the links above.
Will I be able to buy food and drink in the grounds?
There are plenty of places to picnic in the grounds whilst maintaining social distancing. New picnic areas have been created around Lake Walk. Water fountains are available but these are for filling up water bottles only.
The Eat Out To Help Out scheme will be available in the Guthrie Pavilion every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday in August.
Open daily until August 31:
- Moat Restaurant – Takeaway offer of fish and chips, sausage rolls, salads, sandwiches, cakes, snacks, hot and cold drinks. Some outside tables will be available.
- Guthrie Pavilion Café – Sandwiches, cakes, snacks, hot and cold drinks
- Guthrie Pavilion Restaurant – Eat Out to Help Out scheme available
- BBQ* – Burgers and hot dogs
- Pizza Van
- Water Maze kiosk* – Ice cream and cold drinks
- Tudor Towers kiosk* – Ice cream, hot and cold drinks
- Loggia kiosk* – Ice cream
Alternatively, 1 mile from the Castle & Garden main entrance is The Waterside Bar, Restaurant & Terrace that offers a warm and welcoming atmosphere at Hever Castle Golf & Wellbeing in which to enjoy drinks, breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Waterside is also offering the Eat Out to Help Out scheme.
What Safety Measures will be in Place?
When you visit, we will also have some new safety measures in place. Please respect the rules and guidelines for your own protection and the safety of others. Those that do not follow the guidelines may be approached by staff and may be asked to leave. Abuse of any kind will not be tolerated.
We promise to keep you feeling safe by:
✔ Restricting visitor numbers
✔ Providing a warm welcome at a distance
✔ Patrolling our site to monitor visitor activity
✔ Using one way systems to enable social distancing
✔ Providing additional cleaning of facilities
✔ Our staff will wear gloves and use screens at pay kiosks. Those that choose to do so will also wear masks.
✔Operating a cashless system
What we ask of you in return to show you care:
✔ Book an arrival time online
✔ Keep two metres away from other visitors
✔ Follow the one-way system in the grounds
✔ Wash your hands for 20 seconds after using facilities
✔ Use hand sanitiser when necessary
✔ Taking your litter home with you
✔ Wear a face covering in the Hever Shop, the Moat Restaurant, Guthrie Pavilion and Castle
We have a new FAQs section to provide you with all information you may want to know before the gardens reopen and your visit. Watch the short video above of all our safety and hygiene promises – to help you feel reassured before visiting.
We’re looking forward to warmly welcoming to you to Grounds & Gardens again.
Enjoy your visit
Respect, Protect & Enjoy