Know Before You Go
Before you book or visit Hever Castle here’s some information that you should know:
Before your visit, we recommend that you download a copy of the Map.
Enjoy your visit
Respect, Protect & Enjoy
What Will Be Open
• Gardens and wider grounds
• Castle – usually busiest in the morning and early afternoon
• Lake Walk
• Playgrounds – Tudor Towers, Acorn Dell & Adventure Playground
• Water Maze
• Miniature Model Houses
• Military Museum
• Food & Drink Service
• Toilets (Moat Restaurant toilets are for restaurant customers only)
• Archery (cash only, weekends and school holidays)
• Yew Maze
When you visit, we will also have the following safety measures in place. Please respect the rules and guidelines for your own protection and the safety of others. From 19 July, when England moves to step 4 of the roadmap, please continue to act carefully and remain cautious. We are keeping in place key protections. Abuse of any kind will not be tolerated.
We promise to keep you feeling safe by:
- Restricting numbers in the Castle
- Providing a warm welcome at a distance
- Staff will wear face coverings in indoor spaces and may operate from behind a perspex screen in places
- Ventilating all indoor spaces sufficiently
- Regular cleaning of touchpoint surfaces
- Providing NHS Track and Trace QR Code poster for you to check in with
- Providing additional cleaning of facilities
What we ask of you:
- Visitors can walk up and purchase tickets on the day but it is recommended that tickets are still booked in advance (Halloween Scream and Christmas tickets must be prebooked)
- Visitors can pay by cash for admission (not for food and drink in the grounds) but it is recommended that contactless payment is used. (Halloween Scream and Christmas tickets must be prebooked)
- To scan the QR code on our posters using NHS Track and Trace App (at your discretion)
- Wear a face covering in indoor spaces (exemptions apply)
- To maintain a safe distance from staff and other visitors
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds after using facilities
- Sanitise your hands at every opportunity
- Leave a safe distance if you need to queue for facilities
- Follow the UK Government advice at all times with regards to COVID-19
- Save your visit for another day if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19
- Before your visit, we recommend that you download a copy of the Map
Food & Drink
Takeaway and indoor and outdoor seating are available. Visit the Eat page to learn which outlets are open.
The NHS Track and Trace QR Code posters will be provided at the Restaurants/Cafes for you to check in with.
We thank you for wearing a face covering in indoor spaces when you are not seated (exemptions apply).
Picnicking is welcomed and picnic benches can be found around the site. There are plenty of places to picnic in the grounds and new picnic areas have been created around Lake Walk.
Water fountains are available, these are for filling up water bottles only.
N.B. all of our outlets are cashless/card only.
Cancellations, Refunds & Transfers
Our usual terms and conditions apply.
However, if you cannot attend due to contracting Covid or having to self isolate as a result of Covid, you can request to transfer your booking to an alternative date, or cancel your booking and apply for a refund. To do this please email email@example.com and include your booking reference in the email title together with proof of your diagnosis or requirement to isolate.
If you are an annual member and you cannot attend, please cancel your booking. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your booking reference in the email title; or phone us on 01732 865 224.
For any other enquiries concerning this matter please contact email@example.com.
The full access statement can be found here.
2 wheelchairs are available for a refundable deposit of £25 at the Hever Shop. It is essential to book these prior to a visit. Please contact the Estate Office Mon – Fri (9am-5pm) by calling 01732 865224 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
To help our visitors with accessible needs enjoy a more memorable experience, we ask that they/you pay the normal entry fee and admit their/your carer free of charge on a 1:1 ratio. Please use the option for a Carer ticket when making your booking. Proof of disability will be requested on arrival, which may include a Blue Badge, statement of special educational needs from LEA or NHS, or a letter from a medical professional on NHS headed paper or a DLA letter from the Department of Work & Pensions. If you arrive without this information payment in full will be requested on arrival.