RHS LEVEL 2 COURSES AT HEVER CASTLE 2021/2022
- RHS Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Garden Planning, Establishment and Maintenance – FULLY BOOKED
- RHS Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Plant Growth, Propagation and Development – FULLY BOOKED
- RHS Level 2 Certificate in Practical Horticulture – FULLY BOOKED
Hever Castle is an approved centre for the delivery of regulated qualification for RHS Qualifications.
Whether you’re looking to develop your skills or take the first steps into a career in horticulture, these courses are the perfect pairing to a love of gardening.
Click the links below to see further information on course content, schedule, dates, costs and how to apply:
RHS LEVEL 2 CERTIFICATE IN THE PRINCIPLES OF GARDEN PLANNING, ESTABLISHMENT AND MAINTENANCE – FULLY BOOKED
This theory-based course provides a firm foundation of knowledge to anyone interested in horticulture as well as providing a route to employment in professional horticulture and supporting career development for those already working in the profession:
1. Understanding garden features, plant selection and planning
2. Understanding the choice, establishment and maintenance of garden plants and lawns
3. Understanding the production of outdoor vegetables and fruit
4. Understanding protected environments and their use in plant cultivation
RHS LEVEL 2 CERTIFICATE IN THE PRINCIPLES OF PLANT GROWTH, PROPAGATION AND DEVELOPMENT – fully booked
This theory-based qualification provides knowledge of the scientific principles which underpin horticultural practices:
1. Plant classification, structure and function
2. Plant nutrition and the properties and management of soils and growing media
3. Maintaining plant health through understanding pest, disease and weed lifecycles
4. Principles and practices of plant propagation in horticulture
A practical-based qualification to develop the essential skills needed to work in horticulture or to further develop your interest.
Six Mandatory units:
- Soil testing (1 credit)
- Sowing seeds and vegetative propagation techniques (2 credits)
- Practical skills in ground preparation for seeding and planting (2 credits)
- Practical skills in establishing seeds and plants in soil (2 credits)
- Care and pruning of plants (3 credits)
- Identification of a range of common garden plants, weeds, pests, diseases and disorders and beneficial organisms (3 credits)
- Sustainable garden practice (2 credits)
- Safe operation of powered garden machinery (2 credits)
- Establishing, repairing and maintaining a lawn (2 credits)
- Practical skills in vegetable growing (2 credits)
- Practical skills in the maintenance of established soft fruit (2 credits)
- Practical skills in the maintenance of established top fruit (2 credits)
If you’ve got a passion for plants and want to take your hobby to the next level, an RHS course is the perfect way to hone and grow your horticultural expertise.
Unearth more about the courses, RHS Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Plant Growth, Propagation and Development and RHS Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Garden Planning, Establishment and Maintenance.