twilight CHRISTMAS AT HEVER CASTLE
This Christmas at Hever Castle experience the Adventures of Pinocchio
The Castle & Gardens are open 27 Dec – 3 Jan.
Pre-booking is currently essential for all (including members)
Only Christmas tickets are available until 3 Jan.
Please arrive at the grounds at the time slot you have booked.
A full list of ticket availability can be found here.
Last exit time for Daytime tickets is 18.30.
Last exit time for Twilight tickets is 20:30.
On 24 & 31 December final entry is at 15:00 and final exit 16:30
Face coverings must be worn in indoor spaces (exemptions apply).
NHS COVID Passes are not required.
20 November – 5 December (Wed – Sun)
8 – 23 December (Daily)
27 December – 30 December (Daily)
1 – 3 January (Daily)
Twilight Ticket Arrival Times* – 16:00 – 18:45 (last entry* 19:00, last exit* 20:30)
Choose between these experiences:
Please read the information below, including the important information.
Wrap up warm and enjoy a walk under the stars. Witness the enchantment of the Castle, gardens and lake festooned with fabulous colours and twinkling lights, capturing the spirit of Christmas.
Bring torches and pop on your wellies to see the spectacular, after-dark, illuminated trail and Hever Castle’s much-loved landmarks lit up with glorious colour washes.
This year the light trail will include new areas of the grounds not previously lit before.
It takes around 1.5 hours to follow the Christmas Light Trail.
There are currently no plans to do drop-in Father Christmas.
Please read the important information at the bottom of this page.
CASTLE & GARDENS EXPERIENCE
In the Castle you will be met with beautifully traditionally decorated rooms, welcoming log fires and twinkling Christmas trees.
Castle session times are limited, must be pre-booked and are pre-set to 30 minutes after your arrival time in the grounds. A Castle & Gardens Ticket must be purchased.
Audio Guides will not be available during the Christmas experience.
Castle & Gardens
Father Christmas & Gardens
|Child 5 – 17||£11.50*||£13.50*||£23.50*|
|Child under 5||FREE||FREE||£12.00*|
|Adult/Senior||£12.00*||£12.00* if a Castle member (otherwise it’s £16.00*)||£12.00*|
|Child 5 – 17||£6.00*||£6.00* if a Castle member (otherwise it’s £7.00*)||£18.00*|
|Child under 5||FREE||FREE||£12.00*|
*Plus booking fee
make a wish foundation
Hever Castle is delighted to be working with the Make a Wish Foundation. Visitors will be able to donate to the charity before and during the Christmas event.
- All tickets must be pre-booked online.
- Choose between these experiences – Gardens Only & Grotto & Gardens (Castle & Gardens tickets are available for Daytime or Twilight)
- All members of your party require admission tickets.
- Grotto session times must be pre-booked and are pre-set to 30 minutes after your arrival time in the grounds, unless specified.
- Annual Members will only be able to book one daytime and one twilight experience per membership during the Annual Member booking window, this will increase after tickets go on general release.
- Tickets for children cannot be purchased alone. At least one adult must be included in your party.
- Tickets will remain in your basket for 20 mins for you to complete your purchase. After this time they will automatically go back on sale.
- Please note your booking reference when it appears on the screen. If you do not receive an email confirmation please read our Christmas FAQs for further instructions.
- Always check details before travelling. Hever Castle reserves the right to close all or part of the Castle, grounds, catering outlets and activities, and to change or cancel events.
- Tesco Clubcard Vouchers, RHS, Historic Houses and Gardeners’ World offers are not valid during the Christmas event.
- Annual Members
Daytime Christmas Garden Only admission is free to all Annual Members. For Castle & Gardens Members the Castle is also free. Garden Only Members wishing to visit the Castle will need to pay an upgrade fee (£4 Adults/£2 Children). Twilight Tickets are chargeable but are discounted for Annual Members. Grotto tickets are chargeable. All tickets MUST be prebooked and you will be asked to include your membership number and the email address relating to your membership to complete your purchase. You will also need to produce a valid membership card on entry. Failure to provide a valid membership card will mean that you will be charged the full rate prior to your visit or on entry.
- For 2021 only as a thank you for your support, Annual Members can book for non-members and those under 5 years before 21 September. Annual Members will only be able to make one booking per booking link (link = 1. Father Christmas & Gardens/Gardens Only or 2. Castle & Gardens) per membership during the Annual Member booking window, this will increase after tickets go on general release. If you wish to purchase more than one date/time per booking link then these should be added to your basket before checking out (max 12 tickets per booking). You can only check out once for Father Christmas & Gardens/Gardens Only and once for Castle & Gardens.
Standard charges apply to visitors with accessible needs, general admission for carers is free of charge. For carers in your party, please select the Carer ticket when making your booking. Proof of disability will be requested on arrival, which may include a Blue Badge, statement of special educational needs from LEA or NHS, a letter from a medical professional on NHS headed paper, a DLA or PIP letter from the Department of Work & Pensions, Attendance Allowance or Incapacity Benefit. Failure to provide proof will mean that you will be charged the full rate on entry.
- B&B Guests staying during the Christmas event
There is no need to book grounds admission tickets, you will be given these on arrival. After making your room reservation you will be sent an email containing details for how to pre-book to visit Father Christmas in the Grotto should you wish to do so.
Cancellations, Exchanges, Transfers and Refunds
Tickets cannot be resold, exchanged, transferred to another date or refunded once tickets have been purchased unless the event is cancelled or covered by refund protection purchased.
Any refunds due to event cancellation will be less any booking fees, donations or refund protection charges incurred.
Please be sure that you choose the correct date and time slot time when making your booking. Tickets are non-transferable. This is highlighted throughout the booking process.
It is recommended that Refund Protection is considered when purchasing tickets for Christmas at Hever Castle. This option is available at the time of booking, you cannot add it to your order after you have paid. Please read the terms and conditions of this policy carefully before booking.
If you have purchased Refund Protection during the booking process then you may cancel your booking subject to the terms and conditions that are on your policy confirmation.
Adverse Weather Plan and Cancellation Policy
Cancellations will not be offered in the event of poor weather. If Hever Castle determines that the weather on site presents a hazard and a risk to safety and a decision is made to cancel the event, you will be notified by email of a cancellation and you will be informed of the re-booking process if this is feasible. If an alternative date cannot be offered or attended then a refund will be considered on a case by case basis. Any refunds will be less any booking fees, donations or refund protection charges incurred.
Covid–19 Cancellation Policy
If you cannot attend due contracting Covid or having to self isolate as a result of Covid, you can request to transfer your booking to an alternative date or cancel your booking and apply for a refund. To do this please email email@example.com and include your booking reference in the email title together with proof of your diagnosis or requirement to isolate.
Should the event be cancelled due to government guidance, you will be notified and offered an alternative experience, date or full refund. If the decision is made to cancel the event, you will be notified by email of a cancellation and you will be informed of the re-booking process if this is feasible. If an alternative date cannot be offered or attended then a refund will be considered on a case by case basis. Any refunds will be less any booking fees, donations or refund protection charges incurred.
Father Christmas’ Grotto Experience
- Advanced booking is essential
- Children visiting the Grotto require tickets for Father Christmas plus admission tickets. All adults require admission tickets.
- Only 2 adults per group (Maximum 5 persons per group).
- We will ask the name of each child to make the experience as special as possible.
- We will ask the age of each child so that they can receive an appropriate gift.
- Your Grotto booking time is the time you are required to arrive at the Grotto, not your booked time with Father Christmas, which is allocated when you arrive at the Grotto. Please do not arrive at the Grotto before your booking time as you may be turned away to allow for social distancing.
- You should arrive in the grounds 30 minutes (unless otherwise specified) before your visit with Father Christmas. If you miss your slot you may be asked to try again later but may risk not being able to see Father Christmas at all.
General Christmas Experience
- To enjoy the full experience of Christmas at Hever Castle we recommend you allow enough time for each all the elements of the experience that you wish to include. Attractions, shops and eateries will start closing before the final exit time.
- Pinocchio Christmas Trail 30 minutes
- Gallopers & Big Wheel 30 – 45 minutes each (queues possible)
- Hook a Duck 30 – 45 minutes (queues possible)
- Eating 30 – 45 minutes (queues possible)
- Shopping 30 – 1 hour (queues possible)
- Christmas Light Trail – 1.5. hours to walk the whole grounds that will be lit (from 4pm)
- Grotto – 30 minutes from arrival at the Grotto (pre-booking essential)
- As much of this experience is outdoors we recommend you wrap up warm and pop on your wellies or suitable shoes.
As per current measures – see here.
Face coverings must be worn in indoor spaces including the Grotto (exemptions apply). NHS COVID Passes are not required.
Always check details before travelling. Hever Castle reserves the right to close all or part of the Castle, grounds, catering outlets and activities, and to change or cancel and experience. Please note that the use of partner offers is restricted or not valid on these days.