BSL Christmas at hever castle: 13 DecEMBER
This festive season, join us for a BSL Christmas tour of the Castle. Choose a BSL interpreted tour (a Hearing Guide accompanied by a BSL interpreter) or a Deaf led tour (a Deaf Guide using BSL).
Come and learn more about the history of the castle, and see the rooms decorated for Christmas. Each tour lasts approximately one hour.
Once the tour is complete, you will be free to explore the rest of the grounds and festive offerings, which this year, include a Pinocchio themed family trail, fairground rides, and a light trail from 16:00 to create a brightly coloured spectacle that you won’t want to miss.
BSL Interpreted Castle Tour at 10:30 (with a 10:00 arrival at the grounds and last exit 18:30)
BSL Interpreted Castle Tour at 15:00 (with a 14:30 arrival at the grounds and last exit 20:30)
Deaf Led Castle Tour at 15:00 (with a 14:30 arrival at the grounds and last exit 20:30)
Tour tickets are priced at £21.40 + booking fees and carers and under 5’s are free but must be pre-booked.
Before booking, we advise that you read the important information below.
- All tickets must be pre-booked online.
- All tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable unless the experience is cancelled or covered by refund protection purchased (see Christmas FAQs).
- All members of your party require admission tickets.
Castle Tour session times must be pre-booked and arrival is pre-set to 30 minutes before your Castle tour time.
- Tickets will remain in your basket for 20 mins for you to complete your purchase. After this time they will automatically go back on sale.
- Please note your booking reference when it appears on the screen. If you do not receive an email confirmation please read our Christmas FAQs for further instructions.
- Always check details before travelling. Hever Castle reserves the right to close all or part of the Castle, grounds, catering outlets and activities, and to change or cancel events.
- Tesco Clubcard Vouchers, RHS, Historic Houses and Gardeners’ World offers are not valid during the Christmas event.
- Carers: Standard charges apply to visitors with accessible needs, general admission for carers is free of charge. For carers in your party, please select the Carer ticket when making your booking. Proof of disability will be requested on arrival, which may include a Blue Badge, statement of special educational needs from LEA or NHS, a letter from a medical professional on NHS headed paper, a DLA or PIP letter from the Department of Work & Pensions, Attendance Allowance or Incapacity Benefit. Failure to provide proof will mean that you will be charged the full rate on entry.
Cancellations, Exchanges, Transfers and Refunds
- Tickets cannot be resold, exchanged, transferred to another date or refunded once tickets have been purchased unless the event is cancelled or covered by refund protection purchased.
- Any refunds due to event cancellation will be less any booking fees, donations or refund protection charges incurred.
- Please be sure that you choose the correct date and time slot time when making your booking. Tickets are non-transferable. This is highlighted throughout the booking process.
It is recommended that Refund Protection is considered when purchasing tickets for Christmas at Hever Castle. This option is available at the time of booking, you cannot add it to your order after you have paid. Please read the terms and conditions of this policy carefully before booking.
If you have purchased Refund Protection during the booking process then you may cancel your booking subject to the terms and conditions that are on your policy confirmation.
Adverse Weather Plan and Cancellation Policy
Cancellations will not be offered in the event of poor weather. If Hever Castle determines that the weather on site presents a hazard and a risk to safety and a decision is made to cancel the event, you will be notified by email of a cancellation and you will be informed of the re-booking process if this is feasible. If an alternative date cannot be offered or attended then a refund will be considered on a case by case basis. Any refunds will be less any booking fees, donations or refund protection charges incurred.
Covid–19 Cancellation Policy
If you cannot attend due contracting Covid or having to self isolate as a result of Covid, you can request to transfer your booking to an alternative date or cancel your booking and apply for a refund. To do this please email email@example.com and include your booking reference in the email title together with proof of your diagnosis or requirement to isolate.
Should the event be cancelled due to government guidance, you will be notified and offered an alternative experience, date or full refund. If the decision is made to cancel the event, you will be notified by email of a cancellation and you will be informed of the re-booking process if this is feasible. If an alternative date cannot be offered or attended then a refund will be considered on a case by case basis. Any refunds will be less any booking fees, donations or refund protection charges incurred.
General Christmas Experience
To enjoy the full experience of Christmas at Hever Castle we recommend you allow enough time for each all the elements of the experience that you wish to include. Attractions, shops and eateries will start closing before the final exit time.
- Castle Tour last approximately 1 hour
- Pinocchio Christmas Trail 30 minutes
- Gallopers & Big Wheel 30 – 45 minutes each (queues possible)
- Hook a Duck 30 – 45 minutes (queues possible)
- Eating 30 – 45 minutes (queues possible)
- Shopping 30 – 1 hour (queues possible)
- Christmas Light Trail – 1.5. hours to walk the whole grounds that will be lit (from 4pm)
As much of this experience is outdoors we recommend you wrap up warm and pop on your wellies or suitable shoes.
As per current measures – see here.
Always check details before travelling. Hever Castle reserves the right to close all or part of the Castle, grounds, catering outlets and activities, and to change or cancel and events. Please note that use of partner offers may be restricted or not valid on event days.