For Christmas Ticket Holders for the period 20 Dec – 24 Dec or those wishing to book for this period, please read the latest update)
Please note that the information below is now out of date for 20/12/20 onwards. The latest information can be found here.
CHRISTMAS TICKETS ARE SOLD OUT
We look forward to welcoming those of you with pre-booked tickets. Please do not arrive without them as you will be turned away.
CHRISTMAS AT HEVER CASTLE
Peter Pan’s Christmas
Where a Love of Christmas Magic Never Grows Up
21 November – 8 December (Wed – Sun)
9 – 24* December (Daily)
All tickets must be pre-booked.
Tickets are not transferable and non-refundable unless the experience is cancelled or covered by refund protection purchased (see FAQs).
Before booking, please read the information below including the
important information at the bottom of this page.
What’s New for 2020 – Summary
(further details below)
Choose between these experiences for Daytime or Twilight:
– Gardens only – Sold Out
– Father Christmas’ Grotto & Gardens – Sold Out
– Combined Castle, Grotto & Gardens unavailable for 2020
– Pre-booked tickets with arrival times are essential
– Covid secure rules and guidelines in place
– The Twilight experience takes place every evening from 4pm
DAYTIME CHRISTMAS AT HEVER CASTLE
21 November – 8 December (Wed-Sun)
9 – 24* December (Daily)
Arrival times at 15 minute intervals – 11:30 – 14:45
(Last entry 15:00, last exit 18:30 (*16:30 on 24 Dec)
Castle & Gardens Tickets – Castle session times are limited and are pre-set to 30 minutes after your arrival time in the gardens. Tickets must be pre-booked. Learn more about the Castle experience here.
Father Christmas’ Grotto & Gardens Tickets – Grotto session times are limited and are pre-set to 30 minutes after your arrival time in the gardens when Father Christmas + Garden tickets are selected unless specified. Tickets must be pre-booked. Learn more about the Grotto experience here.
Gardens Only Tickets – Garden tickets times are limited and must be pre-booked.
This Christmas at Hever Castle become Peter Pan and chase your shadow through Neverland to experience the wonders of never growing old.
Begin your experience outside in the grounds, take a magical journey along the immersive Christmas trail. Follow the one-way system and start your voyage in London in the nursery. Then, ‘fly high’ above the City streets into space and follow the directions to Neverland – second star to the right and straight on till morning. Discover where Peter’s friends The Lost Boys live, visit the Mermaid Lagoon, the Native American camp and be wary when you tiptoe past the Crocodile with his ticking clock and Captain Hook’s pirate ship at the dock. As the trail finishes, spot Nana the dog in her kennel.
The Play Areas will be open. On peak days there will be timed sessions and you may need to queue for your chosen Playground. Entry is on a first come first served basis.
Hever Castle is delighted to be working with Great Ormond Street (GOSH), owner of the rights to Peter Pan since 1929 when they were gifted to the hospital by Peter Pan author JM Barrie. Visitors will be able to donate to the charity during the Christmas experience as well as purchase a special Peter Pan or Tinkerbell cookie in the restaurants in aid of the charity.
Before booking, please read the important information at the bottom of this page.
View a gallery of photos of Christmas at Hever Castle on Hever Castle’s Pinterest.
DAYTIME Christmas prices
Castle & Gardens
Father Christmas & Gardens
|Child 5 – 17||£10.00*||£12.00*||£22.00*|
|Child under 5||FREE||FREE||£12.00*|
|Adult/Senior||FREE||FREE if a Castle member (otherwise £4.00*)||FREE|
|Child 5 – 17||FREE||FREE if a Castle member (otherwise £2.00*)||£12.00*|
|Child under 5||FREE||FREE||£12.00*|
*Plus booking fee
DAYTIME Christmas opening times
Arrival times at 15 minute intervals – 11:30 – 14:45 (Last entry 15:00, last exit 18:30 (*16:30 on 24 Dec)
Please do not arrive before your arrival time as you will be turned away and asked to return later.
Castle & Gardens Tickets – Castle session times are limited and are pre-set to 30 minutes after your arrival time in the gardens. Tickets must be pre-booked.
In the Castle you will be met with beautiful traditionally decorated rooms, welcoming log fires and twinkling Christmas trees.
Castle tickets are limited to enable social distancing and therefore we cannot guarantee Castle entry for everyone this year.
Audio Guides will not be available during the Christmas experience.
Before booking, please read the important information at the bottom of this page.
November 21 & 22, 28 & 29 (Weekends)
December 5 & 6 (Weekends)
December 9 – 24 (Daily)
Father Christmas’ Grotto & Gardens Tickets – Grotto session times are limited and are pre-set to 30 minutes after your arrival time in the gardens when Father Christmas + Garden tickets are selected unless specified. Tickets must be pre-booked.
Father Christmas is taking a rest between 14:00 and 14:45 so the Grotto will be closed during this time.
Nothing says ‘Christmas’ quite like a visit to Father Christmas at Hever Castle. Travel through the land of Christmas, meet cheerful elves and wander through along the paths until you get to Father’s Christmas’ toy workshop to meet the big man himself! This experience is in a tent, a covered but open staged setting. Tickets cost £12 per child and children will receive an age appropriate gift.
- What’s new/different in 2020?
- What safety measures will be in place?
- Access statement
- Father Christmas’ grotto
- General experience
- Tickets – Refunds and transfers
WHAT’S NEW/DIFFERENT IN 2020?
- Opening hours – 11:30am – 8:30pm (the exception is Christmas Eve when final exit is 4:30pm). This is to enable more people to experience the after dark illuminations. Daytime tickets (Arrival 11,30am – 2.45pm, last entry 3.00pm) and Twilight tickets (Arrival 4pm – 6.45pm, last entry 7.00pm). Final exit for both Daytime and Twilight tickets is at 8.30pm.
- Pre-booked tickets with arrival times only – To visit this Christmas you will need to book a date and a session time for your arrival (including Annual Members), this must be pre-booked online and is necessary to limit numbers to protect yourself and each other. Please do not arrive before your arrival time as you will be turned away and asked to return later.
- Combined Castle, Grotto & Gardens unavailable for 2020. Tickets available for 2020:
– Father Christmas’ Grotto & Gardens Tickets
– Castle & Gardens Tickets
– Gardens Only Tickets
- Pricing – Daytime Tickets (Arrival 11:30am – 2.45pm, last entry 3pm, last exit 6.30pm) and Twilight Tickets (Arrival 4pm – 6.45pm, last entry 7pm, last exit 8.30pm) are priced according to the experience available.
- Annual Members – Gardens Only members will need to pay an upgrade for the Castle.
- Twilight Evenings – There will be more Twilight evenings with experiences from 4pm from 21st November – 8th December (Wed-Sun) and 9th – 23rd December (Daily). Free tickets for the Carousel and Vintage Fairground Stalls will not be issued to Twilight visitors for 2020. This change is due to the need for social distancing which means we cannot guarantee a ride/go for all visitors. Tickets for the Carousel and Vintage Fairground stalls will be £1 payable by card only.
- Christmas Trail – This will be one-way only to enable social distancing. Please take a look at the map before booking and before your visit to help you plan your experience. There will be no characters on the trail this year, instead they will be interacting with visitors around the grounds and the trail will be an immersive experience full of sights and sounds but a no-touch area to minimise risk. There will be no ‘snow’ on the trail for 2020. The theme this year is Peter Pan.
- Father Christmas’ Grotto (this experience is now a click and collect service only not what is described below. – The waiting area will be undercover but outdoors with ample space to allow for social distancing. Father Christmas will be located in the Grotto marquee, but the setting will be an open staged to workshop, not in a log cabin as in previous years. There will be no ‘snow’ in the Grotto for 2020.
- Drop in Father Christmas – There no current plans to operate a drop-in Father Christmas system for 2020.
- Castle (currently closed) – We are limiting the numbers in rooms of the Castle and cannot guarantee Castle entry for everyone. Pre-booking and timed entry is also necessary to help reduce queues. Castle entry times are pre-set to start 30 minutes after your arrival time in the gardens. Castle & Gardens tickets are required for this experience. Audio Guides will not be available during the Christmas experience.
- Shopping – The Hever Shop will be operating a click and collect service 11:30am – 8:00pm (4pm on Christmas Eve)
- Eating & Drinking – There will be a selection of takeaway eateries available on site with festive themed food and drink available. Discover more here.
WHAT SAFETY MEASURES WILL BE IN PLACE?
When you visit, we will also have safety measures in place. Please respect the rules and guidelines for your own protection and the safety of others. Those that do not follow the guidelines may be approached by staff and may be asked to leave. Abuse of any kind will not be tolerated.
We promise to keep you feeling safe by:
✔ Restricting visitor numbers
✔ Providing a warm welcome at a distance
✔ Patrolling our site to monitor visitor activity
✔ Using one way systems to enable social distancing
✔ Providing additional cleaning of facilities
✔ Staff will wear face coverings in line with current government guidelines
✔ Operating a cashless system
What we ask of you in return to show you care:
✔ Book an arrival time online
✔ Don’t forget to book for under 5s. They MUST have a ticket.
✔ Adhere to the arrival times that you have been provided for all activities. Do not arrive before your arrival time as you will be turned away and asked to return later.
✔ Adhere to the current government guidelines. Anyone failing to comply will be asked to leave.
✔ Keep two metres away from other visitors
✔ Follow the one-way systems in the grounds – download the map
✔ Wash your hands for 20 seconds after using facilities
✔ Use hand sanitiser when necessary
✔ Take your litter home with you
✔ Wear a face covering in line with current government guidelines (usual exemptions apply)
FATHER CHRISTMAS’ GROTTO
- Pre booking of Father Christmas & Gardens tickets is essential.
- Children visiting the Grotto require tickets for Father Christmas & Gardens. All adults require Gardens Only tickets.
- Only 2 adults per group in the grotto (maximum 5 persons per group).
- We will ask the name of each child to make the experience as special as possible.
- The age range for the ticket selected will determine the age appropriate gift.
- Your Grotto booking time is the time you are required to arrive at the Grotto, not your booked time with Father Christmas, which is allocated when you arrive at the Grotto. Please do not arrive at the Grotto before your booking time as you may be turned away to allow for social distancing.
- You should arrive in the gardens 30 minutes (unless otherwise specified) before your visit with Father Christmas. If you miss your slot you may be asked to try again later but may risk not being able to see Father Christmas at all.
To enjoy the full experience of Christmas at Hever Castle we recommend you allow enough time for each all the elements of the experience that you wish to include. Attractions, shops and eateries will start closing before the final exit time. Queues are possible at all attractions, eateries and shops even when tickets have been pre-booked. As much of this experience is outdoors we recommend you wrap up warm and pop on your wellies or suitable shoes. Visitors are requested to exit the car park no later than 3.5 hours after your arrival time to enable social distancing.
- Christmas Trail 30 – 45 minutes
- Eating (takeaway only) 30 – 45 minutes
- Shopping (click and collect only) 30 minutes
- Christmas Illuminations – 45 minutes – 1 hour to walk the whole grounds that will be lit (from 4pm)
- Castle 30 – 45 minutes (pre-booking essential)
- Grotto (now a click and collect service) 30 minutes from arrival at the setting (pre-booking essential)
- Tickets are not transferable and non-refundable unless the experience is cancelled or covered by refund protection purchased at the time of booking. For more information please read our Christmas FAQs.
- All members of your party require admission tickets.
- Tickets must be pre-booked online.
- Tickets for children cannot be purchased alone. At least one adult must be included in your party.
- Tickets will remain in your basket for 15 mins for you to complete your purchase. After this time they will automatically go back on sale.
- Please note your booking reference when it appears on the screen. If you do not receive an email confirmation please read our Christmas FAQs for further instructions.
- Always check details before travelling. Hever Castle reserves the right to close all or part of the Castle, grounds, catering outlets and activities, and to change or cancel experiences.
Tesco Clubcard Vouchers, RHS, Historic Houses, Visit Kent 2-for 1 and Gardeners’ World offers are not valid during the Christmas experience.
- Annual Members
Daytime Christmas Garden Only admission is free to all Annual Members. For Castle & Gardens Members the Castle is also free. Garden Only Members wishing to visit the Castle will need to pay an upgrade fee (£4 Adults/£2 Children). Twilight Tickets are chargeable but are discounted for Annual Members. Grotto tickets are chargeable. All tickets MUST be prebooked and you will be asked to include your membership number and surname to complete your purchase. You will also need to produce a valid membership card on entry. Failure to provide a valid membership card will mean that you will be charged the full rate prior to your visit or on entry. Annual Members cannot book for non members, other than those under 5 years, until the 7 October. Annual Members can book for two experiences until the 7 October.
Standard charges apply to visitors with accessible needs, general admission for carers is free of charge. For carers in your party, please select the ‘Carer’ ticket type when making your booking. Proof of disability will be requested on admission, which may include a Blue Badge, statement of special educational needs from LEA or NHS, or a letter from a medical professional on NHS headed paper. Failure to provide proof will mean that you will be charged the full rate on entry.
- B&B Guests staying during the Christmas experience
There is no need to book admission tickets, you will be given these on arrival. After making your room reservation you will be sent an email containing details for how to pre-book to visit Father Christmas should you wish to do so.
- Complimentary ticket holders
We would like to remind you to bring your physical complimentary tickets with you with their separate unique 4 or 5 digit reference, as you will be required to present these along with your email confirmation. Visitors that do not bring their complimentary tickets will be charged the full rate on entry.
Always check details before travelling. Hever Castle reserves the right to close all or part of the Castle, grounds, catering outlets and activities, and to change or cancel and experiences. Please note that the use of partner offers may be restricted or not valid on some days.