Popular outdoor theatre venue Festival Theatre at Hever Castle is launching its 2017 season on Saturday 27 May with The Rat Pack – Swinging at the Sands.
Situated in the castle grounds, the open-air venue boasts an impressive line up of live music, plays, jazz, opera, comedy, cinema and family shows.
Audience members are invited to arrive from 6:30pm and enjoy a picnic in the stunning grounds of Hever Castle, before evening performances commence at 8pm.
Festival Director Anna Skinner said, “I am passionate about live theatre and believe there is a performance to be enjoyed by everyone. I hope we have come close to realising this in our summer season for 2017.”
Families can enjoy May half term entertainment with critically acclaimed children’s show The Emperor’s New Clothes on Wednesday 31 May and Thursday 1 June. A week of cinema under the stars provides another highlight in the schedule.
The sensational line up continues throughout the summer and a full programme of shows can be found on the theatre’s website.
Tips to Enjoy Your Outdoor Theatre Experience
- Tickets can be booked on the Festival Theatre’s website or by phoning 01732 866114 Monday – Friday 9:30am – 5pm
- Gates open at 1:45pm for 2:30pm shows and 6:30pm for 8pm performances
- You are welcome to bring your own picnic along to enjoy prior to the show
- Some food will also be available to purchase in the grounds prior to the performance
- The stage is fully covered and the seating is tiered with the majority of seats also under cover
- Theatre tickets include access to the Hever Castle gardens prior to evening performances and after matinee shows (audience members to matinees must exit the ground by 6pm)
- Combine your theatre experience with an overnight stay in the luxury Hever Castle B&B on site to truly relax and unwind