This event is included in normal admission prices.
Halloween Half Term Fun 24 october – 1 november
Treat your little ones to a spine-tingling visit to Hever Castle over the Half Term break. Come dressed up in your spookiest outfit and follow a pumpkin trail around the grounds. During the trail why not ask your kids how many pumpkins they think are in the grounds. (Adults, the answer is 400 pumpkins!). See if you can also spot the monsters lurking amongst the pumpkins, gourds and squashes.
The staff at Hever Castle are getting involved this year and having their own pumpkin carving competition. We want you to be the judge so make sure you vote for your favourite pumpkin when you visit.
Plus, for the chance to receive your own treat (or a trick?!) join in with a pumpkin carving competition from home. All you need to do is share a photo of your masterpiece on Instagram using the hashtag #HalloweenatHever by Friday 30 October 2020. The winner will be announced on Monday 2 November.
View a gallery of photos from Halloween at Hever Castle on Hever Castle’s Pinterest.
To visit you will need to pre-book your ticket.
Grounds: Open 10:30
Last Entry: 15:00
Last Exit: 16:30
Castle: Open 11:00
Last Entry: 15:30
Last Exit: 16:15
playgrounds & mazes
Visitors aged 7-14 can explore the Tudor Towers adventure playground with its own moat, drawbridge and three turrets. It features three slides and two poles and lots of interactive elements including musical instruments, a floor maze and hidden boxes to find. Those under 7 can enjoy Acorn Dell, natural play area with its 2 metre high living willow structure, a giant sandpit, a mound with tunnels to clamber in and a climbing frame. Other things for families to enjoy include the popular Water Maze (but don’t forget to bring a towel!)
During peak times we are experiencing larger queues in some areas of the grounds. Entry to the Castle, Water Maze and Play Areas is on a first come first served basis.
- Castle – During peak times, on average it takes 1 hour to queue for the Castle.
- Water Maze – During peak times it may take 1 hour to queue for the Water Maze
- Play Areas – It may take up to 30 minutes to queue for your chosen Play Area
Food & Drink
24 Oct – 1 Nov:
- Moat Restaurant – Hot Food, Sandwiches, cakes and snacks
- Moat Kiosk (Grab and Go) – Hot and Cold Drinks, Sandwiches, snacks and ice cream
- Pizza Van (12noon – 3pm) – Pizza
- Tudor Towers Kiosk – Hot and Cold Drinks, snacks and ice cream
- Pavilion Café – Hot and Cold Drinks, Sandwiches, Cakes and Snacks
- Pavilion Restaurant (12noon – 3pm) – Table Service Menu (See menu)
Always check details before travelling. Hever Castle reserves the right to close all or part of the Castle, grounds, catering outlets and activities, and to change or cancel and events. Please note that use of partner offers may be restricted or not valid on event days.